Mercure Welcome Hotel
” 墨爾本哪家飯店好啊 ? ”
|Credit: photo copied directly from Mercure’s website.|
還好導遊 Johnny 就不同了！
Mercure Welcome Hotel
有著 5 星級的地點 ( 隔壁就是一家 4 ~ 5 星的飯店 )，
依客人向導遊 Johnny 的描述，
1. 飯店本身乾乾淨淨 ( 只是房間偏小 )
2. 價格非常合理 ( 以兩人一房計算，不會比背包客旅店貴太多)，
3. 交通，購物，吃東西都很方便 (在澳洲，下午5點店舖就關門，這太重要了)，
Internet Wifi in the rooms. AU$10 for 24 hours.
No limit to downloads.
Pre-purchase at reception.
從機場搭天空巴士(SKY BUS)，到南十字星火車站，換搭免費的飯店接駁巴士，就會到了，單程約 $16 澳幣。
搭計程車( 德士 TAXI)，從機場約 $70 澳幣，半小時車程。
|飯店的 4 週，都是繁忙的商店街。
Swanston Street, 和唐人街。
|飯店就在 SWANSTON STREET 和 唐人街的交叉，各色的餐廳，一應俱全。
就在 Mercure Welcome Hotel 不遠處。
|Mercure Welcome Hotel 飯店旁，還有澳洲數一數二的百貨公司，
DAVID JONES & MYER，要看澳洲流行甚麼高檔貨，
到 DAVID JONES 或 MYER 就對了。
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, many of you have been asking us to recommend hotels in Melbourne.
Cheap and good or at least good value, right? And so we did some research, asked our customers for feedback, and compiled some hotel and backpackers recommendations of that we feel would compliment your holiday and make your stay in Melbourne as comfortable as your wallet can allow.
The hotels we recommend are based on our views as well as those of many of our guests who have stayed in them before. Our aim is to provide you the experiences of others so that you can benefit from them.
Our first recommendation is the Mercure Welcome.
Excellent location. This hotel’s location cannot be better. It is right at the intersection of Swanston Street and Chinatown, in the center area of Melbourne city.
- Chinatown is the place to go for the greatest variety of meals, from Korean to Japanese, Malaysian to Chinese of course.
- Swanston Street is the ‘main’ street in Melbourne that cuts right through its center with souvenir shops, more eating places, and a famous Vietnamese eatery MeKong (Johnny’s favourite).
- The center of the city is where the shopping happens. The hotel is in this area, in fact, right beside the hotel is the big shopping complex with the biggest shopping centre brands David Jones and Myer.
- Trams right at the hotel lobby’s doorstep
Value for $. For its location its price is well worth it compared to other hotels.
- Price is approx. in the AU$100 to AU$150 range, depending on season.
- That’s just a little above the private rooms in the backpackers and you get hotel standard.
Cons. No hotel is perfect (we are not looking out for perfect but for good value, i.e. value per $). This hotel is 3.5 star (not 5) but service and cleanliness is good for 3.5. Also note there is no carpark in the hotel (if necessary there are some within walking distance) and you don’t get fancy facilities like a swimming pool but why spend time in the facilities when all about is everything else?
How to get there?
Take Skybus (Airport Shuttle) from Melbourne Tullamarine International Airport, stop at the terminal (Southern Cross Station) and transfer on to a mini-bus and be dropped right at the hotel. Cost AU$16 one way (as of this writing). About 1 hour journey.
Alternatively it is 30 minutes by car or taxi (approx AU$70) from the airport.
« 採桃趣 | 墨爾本採水果 | 開車自助
Stone Fruit. Apricots. Nectarines. Plums. Peaches. 德國餐館 Hofbrauhaus
Melbourne’s German Cuisine Hofbrauhaus »
24 Comments so far...
Comments: « Previous 1 2 3